Spokatopia Road Trip
The greater Spokane area is one of the Northwest’s best and lesser-known urban outdoor adventure destinations. Come for the weekend or an entire week and experience over 100 miles of uncrowded single-track mountain biking and hiking trails; urban whitewater rafting, paddleboarding, and fly fishing; biking on over 50 miles of paved pathways; and plenty of restaurants, breweries, bars, live music, and entertainment!
Things to Do around the Spokane Area
After the festival, take advantage of all there is to do in Spokane! We love to play on our uncrowded trails, rivers, and mountains, and follow it up with local dining and beer or wine. Here’s a list of some of our favorites to help you discover why locals love it here so much. With everything there is to do, you’ll want to plan to stay in the area before and after Spokatopia (scroll to the very bottom for hotel deals!).
- Hike Bowl & Pitcher for spectacular views of the Spokane River.
- Bike, Walk, or Run on the Centennial Trail through the heart of historic Spokane, Riverfront Park, and along the Spokane River. This trail runs all the way into Idaho.
- Trail run or hike at Mount Spokane State Park and catch some epic Northwest views.
- Fish, paddleboard, or canoe on one of the 76 lakes within 50 miles of the Spokane region.
- Play a relaxing round at one of Spokane’s golf courses.
- Browse a local Farmer’s Market or visit the Green Bluff area to pick your own produce.
- Paddle on the Little Spokane River.
- Raft, Float, or Tube the Spokane River with FLOW Adventures guide company.
- Wander in open conservation areas for some fresh air and bring a picnic.
- Visit Wild Walls Climbing Gym, Bloc Yard Bouldering, or rock climb outside in the Spokane area.
- Hike Dishman Hills Conservation Area or the Spokane Bluff.
- Rollerskate at the Ribbon at Riverfront Park.
- Mountain Bike at Riverside State Park and other Spokane-area MTB trails.
- Explore kid-friendly regional trails such as Fish Lake Trail.
- Pick huckleberries at Mount Spokane State Park.
- Visit Manito Park (for free) to see some awe-inspiring gardens and conservatory.
- Have fun with the whole family at the Roller Valley Entertainment Center, complete with roller skating, pool, and more.